Stay motivated through the cold months with these 11 tips
6) Organise a sweet playlist. The right tunes can take you from zero to hero when you’re feeling flat, so find those songs that energise you most and add them to your playlist.
7) Continue to eat well. Carbohydrate and sugar cravings often strike during cold snaps. Avoid giving in by spicing things up with a new healthy recipe. Try just one new dish one night per week. If you take the leftovers with you to work the next day, then that’s two meals you’ve kept on track!
8) Take things indoors. Try an activity like Bikram yoga -- a warm environment is sure to warm your bones! If that sort of heat is too intense for you, try other fun activities like indoor rock climbing, dancing, trampoline jumping, or swimming. Or consider group classes such as pump, barre, cycling and boxing. When you're sheltered from the cold, wind and rain, you can enjoy your training.
9) Get your Zs. Getting enough sleep each night helps refresh your mind and body. This alone improves morale and motivation!
10) Set up a home gym. If making it to the gym or a class is a massive challenge, you don’t need much to get started with exercise at home. A yoga mat, a couple of free weights and a few basic moves is enough. Try an online workout or watch TV while you train.
11) Be ready. Pick out your training clothes the night before and have them ready to put on or stashed in your gym bag for later in the day.
We hope some of these tips will help you charge ahead despite the cold. Just remember: keep moving for you. Your overall well-being is what matters most!
ASICS performance womens’s sportwear and mens gym clothes help to boost your mood and keep you looking and feeling warm through winter and beyond. Browse the ASICS apparel collection available online now.