The JOGGER X81™ SHIGEN sneaker draws inspiration from various jogging shoes in the ASICS archive.
The design pays homage to Japan's thorough recycling processes that helps the country maintain a clean environment. It features recycled paper, synthetic leather, and polyester to conserve resources for the good of the planet.
We took inspiration from the ULTIMATE shoe’s cushioning structure. By updating this technology with larger holes on the outside and smaller holes on the inside, the shoe offers better cushioning and stability.
Meanwhile, the Caldera outsole design references the shape formed by Hawaiian volcanoes after they erupt and collapse. This unique design was initially intended to help prevent soil from getting stuck in the tread when running off-road.
- Upper draws inspiration from the ULTIMATE, TIGER PAW X1, SORTIE LYTE GONA, and X-CALIBER shoes
- Designed with recycled materials
- Cush-Hole midsole structure from the ULTIMATE shoe improves cushioning and stability
- Caldera outsole design helps prevent dirt from getting stuck in the tread
- At least 20% of the shoe’s main upper material is made with recycled materials to reduce waste and carbon emissions
- The sockliner is produced with the solution dyeing process that reduces water usage by approximately 33% and carbon emissions by approximately 45% compared to the conventional dyeing technology
- This shoe’s upper contains recycled textiles that comes from pre-owned garments or leftover apparel scraps