Merchandise PlannerApply Now
We are ASICS. And our five letters have meaning. ‘Anima Sana in Corpore Sano’ or a Sound Mind in a Sound Body.
We’ve always believed in the positive benefits of movement. And this year, we’ve recommitted to this founding purpose, supporting more people to experience the transformative power of movement, on the body and the mind.
So, this is your chance to join a truly purpose-driven brand.
As Merchandise Planner, you’ll take ownership of the buying, planning and trading processes at our Outlet stores and websites, building carefully curated assortments to support our commercial goals. You’ll use your vast merchandising experience and keen problem solving skills, to ensure we provide the perfect balance of products for our customers and optimal stock levels to meet seasonal demand.
Your decisions will have a direct impact on the success of ASICS’ retail performance as you showcase the brand’s strengths and boost our bottom line. You’ll show your flair for forecasting through effective range planning and clear transitional strategies that align with our wider business aims.
You could be the right person for this role regardless of your age, nationality, religious beliefs or gender identification. ASICS welcomes diversity in our people, their backgrounds and life experiences.
Can you move minds?
Based out of our EMEA Headquarters close to Amsterdam, Netherlands and reporting to Off Price Planning Manager, Andrea, as part of the role you’ll:
- Develop financial strategies and product assortment plans to meet consumers demand, optimise stock availability and maximise sales opportunities
- Update and maintain WSSI documents to plan and review sales, margins and inventory
- Build ranges that show a clear understanding of space performance and sales density
- Lead weekly performance reviews to develop and deliver effective trading strategies
- Provide a clear reporting suite to monitor key KPIs and product performance
- Be the product master for anything we're planning to trade in our Outlet stores and website
Does this sound like you?
- You’re a team player. Working with others brings out the best in your abilities
- You’re pro-active. You identify and pursue opportunities
- You’re strong willed. You thrive in seemingly stressful situations
- You’re conscientious. You show great self-awareness when working with others
- You’re thorough. You pride yourself on your accurate and careful approach
What we’re looking for
- Solid experience within merchandise planning
- Excellent presentation skills, especially when communicating financial strategies
- First-rate forecasting skills and commercial awareness
- Strong financial awareness and business acumen
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Advanced Excel skills
- Track record of translating visual merchandising principles into financial goals
Join our team
When you join ASICS, you join a family and become part of something special. We know that sport means so much more than physical activity alone. It’s about coming together, sharing experiences and enhancing our all-round wellbeing.
That’s why we practice what we preach. You’ll join a company focused on creating an inclusive environment that fosters diversity and individualism, healthy bodies and healthy minds. As an employer, we offer a range of benefits and services to our people to experience the positive impact of movement, every day.
We look forward to receiving your application online – just send your CV and motivation letter via our career page.