Setting goals is not just a way of making sure you develop as a runner. It also helps you to stay motivated. As you start achieving your goals, you build your own motivation and your running becomes more rewarding.
Here are some basic pointers for using goal-setting:
- Make it specific and measurable. If you say you'll train in the mornings, does that mean rainy ones too?
- Keep it challenging yet achievable. Keep in mind that when you start being your own trainer, the distinction between optimistic and realistic tends to be a fine line!
- Make the plan to run on a regular basis. Achieving any goals will mean you need some kind of training plan and for that you need to run on a regular basis. Keeping a logbook is a good way to stick to your training plan.
- Train to cover a specific distance. Don't be too concerned with your speed and just focus on covering a distance, such as ten kilometres.
- One of the most powerful goals to set is to enter a race. Just enter and then train towards that date. Follow a training program or schedule which you feel will help you reach this goal.
Try your best to achieve your goals, enjoy working towards them and don't forget to celebrate when you finally achieve your goal.
To aid with your goals, come shop our full collection of running shoes to help push your running to new levels:
Mens Running Shoes
Womens Running Shoes
Kids Running Shoes