What to Know to find the Best Running Shoes For Running & Workouts
A fit and active lifestyle is critical for one's health and immunity. Good running shoes ensure your journey to fitness passes smoothly. Many experts believe Asics offers the best running shoes. Let's dive deeper into how to choose the right footwear for your running and workouts.
Know your case
The running shoes are divided into three categories - under-pronation, over-pronation and neutral. As an example, if your foot normally rolls a bit inward with each step then you are susceptible to over-pronation. Under-pronation takes place when the ankle doesn't roll inward very far (less than 15 percent) while your foot lands on the ground. When your running pattern confirms neither of these cases, you need to find sports shoes that fall in the neutral category.
While it is more than obvious to check if the shoe fits well, make sure to follow these tips as well -
- Look for enough room in the toe area. A standard rule is to have about a thumbs width between the top of your toe and the end of the shoe
- Walk around in the new shoes for a few minutes to confirm the fitting and ensure there are no uncomfortable points or slipping spots
Some mandatory steps
- Ensure that your new shoes precisely match the size of your old pair. If you have used the old shoes for more than a year or even for 6-7 months, your feet must have got accustomed to a certain size
- Try the new shoes with the right pair of socks. Even a difference of millimeters can alter the fitting to a great extent
- Don't go by what others say. Use your first-hand experience before making the purchase
The rule of three
Depending on the kind of workout you do, assess the design of the shoes you’re considering. In general, there are three parts of the shoe to examine.
Sole is the connecting point between the ground and your feet. It provides traction, which is very important during any unpredictable fall. When it comes to indoor workouts, go for a completely smooth sole and tread, and in the case of sidewalk or roadside exercises, nothing works better than medium sole and tread. However, when you do off-road trail workouts more often, big and blocky sole works best.
b) Heel Rise
Secondly, test the heel rise. If the position of your heel is being slightly higher than your toes then it would propel in the forward direction.
C) Toe Box
The toe box is the area that accommodates your toes. Make sure you are able to spread your toes a bit but not to the extent that they lose the grip.
Good workout shoes catalyze the performance, helping you emerge as a better athlete in the end. They help you walk the extra mile and push your potential. Buy your favorite footwear online today and kick-start your fitness journey, with a sense of newness.