ASICS Relay Thailand 2018
The 4th leg of ASICS Relay 2018 will take place in Bangkok, the capitol of Thailand, the land of smiles!
ASICS Relay Thailand 2018 aims to attract 1500 teams of 4 and provide every participant with a fulfilling night running experience.
Flagging off at the spectacular Grand Palace, the race is held at the city's most famous landmark that was built in 1782. The race village will be bustling with Instagram-worthy activities while the race route will be scenic & beautiful! Runners are in for a night of fun & fitness with friends!
What's more, the winning Full Marathon Male, Female and Mixed teams will be rewarded with flight tickets, accommodation and race slots to an ASICS Relay 2019 run in another country.
Form a team of 4 today and relay with us at ASICS Relay Thailand 2018! You'll be bringing home an attractive finisher's medal and a whole lot of good memories!
Sponsors & Partners
ZERO CALORIE DRINK PARTNER
RE HYDRATION DRINK PARTNER
CEREAL BAR PARTNER
PAIN RELIEF GEL PARTNER
Targeting close to 22,000 runners from 5 Southeast Asian nations, ASICS Relay 2018 will make your brand visible where it counts the most. Through our event, we get your brand across to a wide spectrum of running enthusiasts and create unique platforms that help elevate your brand positioning.
For sponsorship and partnership opportunities, please write to us at email@example.com
What are the race categories available for registration?
- 42KM Full Marathon – Male / Female / Mixed. Each runner will complete the same distance of 10.5KM, which totals up to the 42KM Full Marathon race distance.
- 21KM Half Marathon – Male / Female / Mixed. Each runner will complete the same distance of 5.25KM, which totals up to the 21KM Half Marathon race distance.
Can the stronger members of our team run a further distance than the weaker members?
- No. If your team registered for the 21KM race category, all four runners must run 5.25KM each. If your team registered for the 42KM race category, all four runners must run 10.5KM each.
Does each member have to complete running the distance at one go or can he run multiple times?
- No. If your team registered for the 21KM race category, each runner must run 5.25KM at one go before handing the Relay Token to the next runner to start running. If your team registered for the 42KM race category, each runner must run 10.5KM at one go before handing the Relay Token to the next runner to start running.
Do all four runners of the Relay assemble at the same location?
- No. All four runners in each team must assemble at their designated reporting locations before the stipulated time. The 1st runner reports to the Start Pen, while the remaining 2nd, 3rd and 4th runner reports to the Transition Zone. Please take note that any team with latecomers will be disqualified.
Will all four runners receive the Finisher’s Medal?
- Yes. All four runners will receive a Finisher’s Medal each on the condition that the team finishes the race within the stipulated cut off timings.
- For the list of Runner’s Entitlements, please click here.
If one of my team member cannot make it on race day, can the rest of the team run the extra distance to cover for him or replace him with another runner?
- No. Due to safety & medical reasons, each team must consist the same 4 registered runners.
- Teams are not allowed to substitute any team members or have any member of the team run more than a leg of the race. In the interest of the runners’ safety, the organiser strictly prohibits and strongly discourages the sale, exchange, and/or transfer of race entries, since each race bib contains the registered runner’s medical information and emergency contacts, which is important for medical teams to provide immediate medical assistance should an accident occur. Any violation of the above mentioned restrictions by any teams will result in an immediate disqualification as deemed by the race organiser.
How is the winning team determined?
- When the 4th runner passes the Finish Arch, the team with the fastest gun time recorded wins.
What is the minimum age to participate in ASICS Relay 2018?
- A participant must be 16 years and above on the race day to participate in the 42KM Full Marathon race category
- A participant must be 16 years and above on the race day to participate in the 21KM Half Marathon race category
What is the difference between a Male, Female and Mixed Team?
- Each team must consist 4 team members that fulfills the gender criteria of the sub-categories that they registered for.
- Female Team - 4 x Female Participants
- Male Team - 4 x Male Participants
- Mixed Team - Must consist at least 1 participant of the opposite gender. For example: MFFF, MMFF, MMMF
How can I make payment?
- You can make payment by credit card through the online payment portal which you will be directed to after you’ve duly completed your registration.
Do I need to fill up the Indemnity form and seek parental/guardian consent if I’m below the age of 18 as of race day?
- Yes, participants below the age of 18 are required to seek parental/guardian consent before signing up for the race. They would be required to submit the signed Indemnity form during the Race Entry Pack Collection (REPC), failing which the Race Organiser reserves the right to refuse the entry of the participant. You can download the Indemnity form here.
How will I know if my registration is successful?
- Participants will receive a confirmation email upon successful registration. Your unique Registration ID will be reflected on the confirmation slip.
Why have I not received my confirmation slip despite registering and making payment?
- There could be several reasons:
- The Confirmation Email has been blocked by your mail server or treated as Spam. Please check your Spam Inbox.
- Your registration was not successful.
- The email address entered at the point of registration was incorrect.
Do I get a refund if I choose not to participate after completing my registration?
- No. Registration fees are strictly non-refundable.
Can I transfer my race entry to someone else?
- No. Race entries are strictly non-transferable. Personal information such as medical condition are tagged to each unique participant and competing on behalf of the registered participant is not permitted. The Race Organiser reserves the right to disqualify the race entry and/or refuse participant’s entry into the start pen for race entries that have been transferred.
Can I make changes to my particulars after completing my registration?
- Yes. Please note that you will only be able to change the Running Sequence of your Team and your Contact Details. Any changes must be made 2 weeks before registration closes.
Can I change my race category after completing my registration?
When is the closing date for registration?
- Registration closes on 23 Sept 2018, or whenever slots are filled, whichever earlier.
What are the sizes and measurements of the Event Tee?
|Center Back Length||25.2 inches||26.1 inches||26.9 inches||27.7 inches||28.6 inches||29.4 inches|
|Chest Size||31.8 inches||33 inches||34.2 inches||35.4 inches||36.6 inches||37.8 inches|
Can I change the size of my Event Tee after completing my registration?
Will I be allowed to change the size of my Event Tee during the Race Entry Pack Collection?
- Strictly no exchanges are allowed.
RACE ENTRY PACK COLLECTION
What do I need to produce to collect my Race Pack?
- A copy of your NRIC/Passport (Both soft and hardcopies are accepted)
- A copy of your Confirmation Slip (Both soft and hardcopies are accepted)
- Signed Indemnity Form (For participants below the age of 18)
* Only 1 runner from each team is required to collect the Race Pack on behalf of the team of 4.
* The Race Organiser reserves the right to refuse participants without the above documents from collecting their race packs.
What if I’m unable to collect my race entry pack?
- You may authorize a representative to collect it on your behalf. Please download and complete the Letter of Authorisation. Your representative must produce the following during collection:
- A copy of their NRIC/Passport (Both soft and hardcopies are accepted).
- A copy of your Confirmation Slip (Both soft and hardcopies are accepted).
- Letter of Authorisation
Where and when can I collect my race pack?
- Date: 2 & 3 October 2018, Tuesday & Wednesday
- Time: 11am to 9pm
- Venue: Eden 2, Central World
I have signed up with my company. Can I arrange for a bulk collection?
- Yes, bulk collection can be arranged for teams of 20 or more. Please write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org before 16 September 2018 to make special arrangements.
When will ASICS Relay Thailand 2018 be held?
- The run will take place during the night of 6 October 2018 (Sat)
Will there be baggage deposit service available?
- Baggage deposit will be made available to all runners. Runners are encouraged to arrive early to deposit their bags and avoid any delay as a queue is expected.
- NOTE: While maximum care and security will be enforced, the Race Organiser will not be responsible for any loss or damaged items. Participants who choose to use this service may do so at their own risk.
Is it compulsory to wear the race bib?
- Yes. Participants without their assigned race bib will be refused entry into the starting pen.
What is the flag-off time for each category?
- 42KM Full Marathon – To be advised.
- 21KM Half Marathon – To be advised.
What are the Cut Off Timings?
- 42KM Full Marathon – 6 Hours
- 21KM Half Marathon – 6 Hours
Will there be an official photographer?
- Yes. Photos will be uploaded on both website and our Facebook page after the event.
Can I skate or cycle during the run?
- No. For the safety of all runners, skating or cycling is prohibited.
Can I bring along my pets?
- No. Runners are not allowed to bring their pets along for the run.
Will there be markers along the routes?
- Yes, there will be distance markers along the race route.
What if I am injured during the run or unable to finish the run?
- Runners can approach any of our route marshals or first aid personnel en-route to seek assistance.
Please write to us at email@example.com