295 g/10.4 oz
Designed For Neutral Underpronation
Foot TypeNormal size arches
Push OffThere is even distribution from the front of the foot.
Considered InjuriesLess likely due to effective shock absorption, but neutral runners are not immune to injury.
How your foot contacts the groundThe foot lands on outside of the heel, then rolls inward (pronates) to absorb shock and support body weight.
Foot TypeHigh arches
Push OffThe pressure is on smaller toes on outside of foot.
Considered InjuriesPlantar fasciitis, shin splints, ankle strain.
How your foot contacts the groundThe outer side of the heel hits the ground at an increased angle with little or no normal pronation, causing a large transmission of shock through the lower leg.
Go further than you thought possible with the men's GEL-CUMULUS® 21 performance road running shoe by ASICS. Designed to cushion and support your feet over long distances, this shoe boasts FLYTEFOAM® Propel technology for excellent bounce and energy. The combination of rear and forefoot GEL® technology means you benefit from a level of shock absorption not available in many other shoes, while GUIDANCE LINE™ technology enhances your gait efficiency and the internal heel counter holds your foot in position no matter how far you go. Further support comes from I.G.S® (Impact Guidance System) technology which enhances your natural gait as you move, and the EVA sockliner that molds to the shape of your feet for added comfort. The highly resistant AHAR® rubber compound reduces wear at key impact areas of the outsole, making this a performance running shoe that you can really count on as you look to reach new levels. Ventilation is provided by the engineered jacquard mesh upper, so you can rest assured that your feet will remain cool even when your run heats up. Reflective details on the outside of the shoe ensure you'll be noticed, even at lower light levels. With this exciting new design of the GEL-CUMULUS® 21 shoe in your running bag, you'll be able to take on those extra miles in comfort and style.
Style #: 1011A551.001
- DuraSponge® OutsoleA blown AHAR® rubber compound for enhanced cushioning and durability in the forefoot.
- I.G.S® (Impact Guidance System) TechnologyASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- Ortholite® SocklinerMoisture management (Ortholite is a registered trademark of O2 Partners LLC).
- SpevaFoam™ 45 LastingEmploys 45 degree full length SpevaFoam™ 45 lasting material for a soft platform feel and improved comfort.
- FLYTEFOAM® Propel TechnologyASICS energetic foam formulation that provides supreme bounce thanks to a unique elastomer compound.
- FLYTEFOAM® Midsole TechnologyOur FLYTEFOAM® technology provides exceptional bounce back and responsiveness no matter the distance, utilizing organic super fibers to help reduce packing out that traditionally happens with softer, low density foams.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL® Technology Cushioning SystemAttenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- AHAR® OutsoleAcronym for ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.