281 g/9.9 oz
Designed For Neutral Underpronation
Foot TypeNormal size arches
Push OffThere is even distribution from the front of the foot.
Considered InjuriesLess likely due to effective shock absorption, but neutral runners are not immune to injury.
How your foot contacts the groundThe foot lands on outside of the heel, then rolls inward (pronates) to absorb shock and support body weight.
Foot TypeHigh arches
Push OffThe pressure is on smaller toes on outside of foot.
Considered InjuriesPlantar fasciitis, shin splints, ankle strain.
How your foot contacts the groundThe outer side of the heel hits the ground at an increased angle with little or no normal pronation, causing a large transmission of shock through the lower leg.
Celebrating our brand's heritage with this special edition GEL-CUMULUS® 21 Retro Tokyo running shoe from ASICS. Honoring the global heritage of Japan's history, the shoe features a retro color scheme and technical features designed to cushion and support your feet over long distances. The GEL-CUMULUS® 21 Retro Tokyo blends two different midsole foams - one for lightweight softness and another that adds a more responsive step. It also has rear and forefoot GEL® technology for premium level shock absorption. Our GUIDANCE LINE™ technology helps create a more efficient stride, while the internal heel counter holds your foot in position for added support. The shoe helps align your stride with smoother propulsion while a contoured EVA sockliner better matches the shape of your feet for added comfort. The durable outsole reduces wear at key impact areas and the engineered jacquard mesh upper helps keep the top of the foot cool. Reflective details on the outside of the shoe also promote better visibility in low-light settings.
Style #: 1011A787.400
- Jacquard mesh upper
- FLYTEFOAM® Propel TechnologyASICS energetic foam formulation that provides supreme bounce thanks to a unique elastomer compound.
- AHAR® OutsoleAcronym for ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL® Technology Cushioning SystemAttenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- EVA SocklinerRemovable sockliner that provides cushioning performance.
- Guidance Line® Midsole TechnologyVertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- I.G.S® (Impact Guidance System) TechnologyASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.