Designed For Neutral Overpronation
Foot TypeNormal size arches
Push OffThere is even distribution from the front of the foot.
Considered InjuriesLess likely due to effective shock absorption, but neutral runners are not immune to injury.
How your foot contacts the groundThe foot lands on outside of the heel, then rolls inward (pronates) to absorb shock and support body weight.
Foot TypeLow arches or flat feet
Push OffBig toe and second toe do majority of the work.
Considered InjuriesShin splints, plantar fasciitis, bunions, heel spurs.
How your foot contacts the groundThe foot lands on outside of heel, then rolls inward (pronates) excessively, transferring weight to inner edge instead of ball of the foot.
The GEL-KAYANO® Lite shoe embodies a more sustainable design approach that uses less componentry and fewer resources to produce. As its namesake suggests, this trainer is focused on preserving the stability properties of the GEL-KAYANO® series with less weight while lightening the load on the environment. Designed to provide excellent underfoot comfort, the shoe also offers an energetic ride and helps set the foot up for a more efficient toe-off. The upper is formed with recycled materials that are teamed with minimal overlays to target support where it's needed most. Wrapping the foot with a soft and silky feel, this engineered mesh provides a more accommodating fit and breathability to keep cool and comfortable. We created specific deformable shapes on the top of the midsole through the use of our 3D SPACE CONSTRUCTION™ design to slow the rate of pronation and improve the cushioning experience. This midsole technology is also tuned to accommodate the gait differences between male and female runners. Featuring a flared midsole geometry that has a concave shape on the lateral heel and a convex shape on the medial heel, this supportive design mechanism helps generate more compression during the landing phase to increase the resistance when the foot starts rolling inward. Cutouts in the midfoot improve the shoe’s flexibility and create a smoother ride, while the wider base nets in the shoe’s heel and forefoot provide more surface area to create a stable landing and toe-off. The GEL-KAYANO® Lite shoe is helping us take a step toward more sustainable manufacturing without compromising performance.
- 3D SPACE CONSTRUCTION™Improves compression and cushioning at footstrike and reduces pronation
- GEL® TechnologyCushioning provides excellent shock absorption
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL® Technology Cushioning SystemAttenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- FLYTEFOAM® TechnologyProvides lightweight cushioning.
- FLYTEFOAM® Midsole TechnologyOur FLYTEFOAM® technology provides exceptional bounce back and responsiveness no matter the distance, utilizing organic super fibers to help reduce packing out that traditionally happens with softer, low density foams.
- Designed with recycled materials
- AHAR SpongeASICS high abrasion resistant (AHAR) rubber on the outsole that is softer and lighter to deliver a plush ride, flexibility and overall comfort.