GEL-NIMBUS 23 EXTRA WIDE
Designed For Neutral Underpronation
Foot TypeNormal size arches
Push OffThere is even distribution from the front of the foot.
Considered InjuriesLess likely due to effective shock absorption, but neutral runners are not immune to injury.
How your foot contacts the groundThe foot lands on outside of the heel, then rolls inward (pronates) to absorb shock and support body weight.
Foot TypeHigh arches
Push OffThe pressure is on smaller toes on outside of foot.
Considered InjuriesPlantar fasciitis, shin splints, ankle strain.
How your foot contacts the groundThe outer side of the heel hits the ground at an increased angle with little or no normal pronation, causing a large transmission of shock through the lower leg.
The GEL-NIMBUS® 23 (Extra Wide) running shoe continues to offer excellent comfort and long-run impact absorption. Its improved stability provides a more balanced stride that's followed by smoother transitions. Designed for those who require more room in their footwear, the width in this model is wider for a more accommodating fit. Constructed with comfort and breathability in mind, this shoe features a softer engineered mesh design for long runs. Engineered eyelet shaping helps the upper move more naturally with the foot, while a stretchy midfoot panel appropriately hugs the foot to generate better flexibility. Additionally, the shoe's upper is made with recycled materials to reduce waste and carbon emissions. Providing the runner with excellent shock absorption and softness, the GEL-NIMBUS® 23 delivers more compression in the heel thanks to its softer GEL® technology cushioning unit and contoured design lines. Also, a gender-specific TRUSSTIC™ device provides an articulated amount of support in the right direction for men and women to help generate a smooth transition. Under the toe, the inclusion of gender-specific pillars help cushion the body and help runners experience a softer feel. Simultaneously, the OrthoLite™ X-55 sockliner equips runners with a forgiving, yet responsive stride. The components of the GEL-NIMBUS® 23 (Extra Wide) shoe help increase the softness without forgoing the integrity of the shoe's ride. Our 23rd version of the GEL-NIMBUS® continues to make advancements within the lineage by offering improved support and comfort for distance runners.
- Engineered mesh upper improves breathability
- Extra wide fit
- GEL® TechnologyCushioning provides excellent shock absorption
- Trusstic System® technologyReduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe.
- FLYTEFOAM® Propel TechnologyASICS energetic foam formulation that provides supreme bounce thanks to a unique elastomer compound.
- FLYTEFOAM® TechnologyProvides lightweight cushioning.
- OrthoLite™ X-55 sockliner improves step-in comfort
- Reflective accents improve visibility in low-light conditions
- 3D SPACE CONSTRUCTION™Improves compression and cushioning at footstrike and reduces pronation
- At least 20% of the primary material of the shoe's upper is made with recycled materials to reduce w