GT-2000 9 TRAIL
Designed For Neutral Overpronation
Foot TypeNormal size arches
Push OffThere is even distribution from the front of the foot.
Considered InjuriesLess likely due to effective shock absorption, but neutral runners are not immune to injury.
How your foot contacts the groundThe foot lands on outside of the heel, then rolls inward (pronates) to absorb shock and support body weight.
Foot TypeLow arches or flat feet
Push OffBig toe and second toe do majority of the work.
Considered InjuriesShin splints, plantar fasciitis, bunions, heel spurs.
How your foot contacts the groundThe foot lands on outside of heel, then rolls inward (pronates) excessively, transferring weight to inner edge instead of ball of the foot.
For nearly 30 years, the GT-2000™ series has been the stability shoe of choice for runners ranging from casual weekend warriors to top marathon finishers. If you're looking for a lightweight, cushioned running shoe that's functional for going longer distances on the trails, the GT-2000™ 9 Trail model is an excellent choice. Updated with a one-piece upper construction for an improved fit, the ninth incarnation of the GT-2000™ running shoe secures the top of the foot with a lightweight design and soft comfort. These materials have been reinforced in targeted areas for added support as the foot rolls through the gait cycle, delivering a more efficient toe-off and secure fit. The shoe's upper is also made with recycled materials, while the sockliner is produced with a solution dyeing process that reduces carbon emissions and water usage. GEL® technology cushioning generates excellent shock absorption, while a layer of FLYTEFOAM® material in the midsole creates a softer and more supportive feel at footstrike. The GUIDANCE TRUSSTIC® design is joined with a DYNAMIC DUOMAX® support system, which are key technologies that improve stability and provide a more efficient toe-off. Additionally, this style's outsole is complemented with a lugged traction pattern to increase grip on loose and slippery surfaces.
- Engineered mesh upper improves breathability
- No-sew overlays improve support
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL® Technology Cushioning SystemAttenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- FLYTEFOAM® TechnologyProvides lightweight cushioning.
- Dynamic DuoMax™ Support SystemThis evolution of DuoMax® system enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform support.
- Ortholite® SocklinerMoisture management (Ortholite is a registered trademark of O2 Partners LLC).
- Lugged outsoleImproves traction on off-road surfaces
- Solution Dye SocklinerSockliner is produced with a solution dyeing process that reduces water usage and carbon emissions
- Recycled Material UpperAt least 20% of the primary material of the shoe's upper is made with recycled materials to reduce waste and carbon emissions.