252 g/8.9 oz
Designed For Overpronation
Foot TypeLow arches or flat feet
Push OffBig toe and second toe do majority of the work.
Considered InjuriesShin splints, plantar fasciitis, bunions, heel spurs.
How your foot contacts the groundThe foot lands on outside of heel, then rolls inward (pronates) excessively, transferring weight to inner edge instead of ball of the foot.
The METARUN™ shoe by ASICS adapts to your individual running style. It’s built with advanced technology and comfort for an appropriate running experience. FLYTEFOAM® technology in the midsole delivers a smooth ride from the moment your foot hits the ground to the time you toe off. GEL® technology cushioning in the heel offers soft, durable impact protection. Three different technologies in the METARUN™ shoe work together to stabilize the foot and guide it forward for an efficient toe off. The upper not only wraps the foot like a glove but works with the midsole to complement the sole’s stability. Soft flexible internal bands lock the midfoot over the sole and run back into the heel where they tie into the METACLUTCH™ technology system, to stabilize the heel for excellent rearfoot hold. The METARUN™ shoe offers excellent stability and comfort. Its adaptive nature and the premium underfoot feel make the METARUN™ shoe a great choice for beginning runners and experienced marathoner alike.
Style #: 1012A513.001
- Optimized Upperfeaturing a glove-like, one-layer Jacquard Mesh and MetaClutch exoskeleton external heel counter with built-in memory foam
- FLYTEFOAM® Midsole TechnologyOur FLYTEFOAM® technology provides exceptional bounce back and responsiveness no matter the distance, utilizing organic super fibers to help reduce packing out that traditionally happens with softer, low density foams.
- I.G.S® (Impact Guidance System) TechnologyASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- Ortholite® SocklinerMoisture management (Ortholite is a registered trademark of O2 Partners LLC).
- Heel Clutching System™ TechnologyExoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel fitting environment.
- AdaptTrussnewly patented and revolutionary carbon reinforced adaptive stability system
- Sloped DUOMAX® Technologydual density midsole that adjusts smoothly to dynamic motion
- X-GEL™ Technologyhigh-tech hybrid gel