Need help finding your perfect shoe?
Let's find the shoes made for you in four easy steps.
Here is a simple checklist to help you avoid any last-minute disasters and make sure you appear at the starting line confident and prepared.
The Essential Marathon Checklist:
- Marathon running shoes
- Running clothes or gear (weather appropriate)
- Bib number
- Timing chip
- Race entry information (location, bib number pick-up, etc.)
- Identification (passport or driving licence)
- Money (bring bills not change)
- Any prescription medication
Marathon Running Gear
Having the right marathon running clothes and gear can make all the difference in how you enjoy or stay comfortable during your run. Marathon shoes should give you plenty of support and running clothes like a marathon shirt and shorts (or pants) should be light and breathable. Dress appropriately in layers if the weather calls for it.
- Marathon Shoes (your best running shoes for long distances)
- Shorts or running tights
- Running top
- Safety pins (to pin on your bib)
- Food for during the race
Marathon Accessories & Extras (Depending On The Weather)
Knowing what the weather will be like on marathon day can be unpredictable and impossible to know for sure, so being prepared for any outcome is your best bet. During the summer, shade and water are a must, and layers are definitely your friend in the fall and winter.
Before & After The Race
The marathon itself isn’t all you need to prepare for. Making sure you’re ready to go before and well taken care of after can make the entire marathon racing experience that much better. As always, knowing what to expect before and after the race is best, but you can never be too sure.
- Raincoat, poncho or bin bag for staying dry before the start
- Warm top and bottom for before and after the race
- Drinks and food for after the race
- Bag for all your gear
- Music player and earphones
Lastly, make sure your self-care is prioritized and accounted for before, during, and after the race. Having these personal marathon items on you can be a life saver during those late miles of the race.
- Vaseline and other anti-chafing products
- Massage oil
- Pain relievers