Running gives me the ability to relax and go to a place in my mind where I can find myself.
Running is always a perfect time for me. Time to reflect on the day. Time for introspection. Running gives me the ability to relax and go to a place in my mind where I can find myself. Whether I am running alone or with friends, playing music or not, I get peace in all of my runs. My mind usually quiets up after my first kilometer and I focus more on my run. I start focusing on my body movement, my breath and my surroundings.My mind and body connect and everything becomes peaceful. I get to reconnect the pieces together. And here is why:
- I get in touch with my inner self and thoughts. My mind clears up and I can focus on my being the best version of myself.
- I become one with the environment. A quiet road and some fresh air is very good and peaceful especially if you get out there at sunrise or sunset.
- I live in the moment. When I’m running only that moment matters. My mind doesn’t wonder back and forth. I focus on the present and I always enjoy the moment.
- Goals. It gives me peace of mind to be out there chasing my body, fitness and running goals. The idea of achieving them gives my runs a sense of purpose and that means happiness.
- Running time is ‘ME TIME’. Time out is important. A little bit of selfish time by myself running balances my mind. Balance in life creates peace of mind.
Club: Waterfall City Athletics Club