COURTNAE' PAUL ANSWERS 11 UNCONVENTIONAL QUESTIONS FOR AN UNCONVENTIONAL LIFE.
Meet Courtnae’ Paul, one of South Africa’s top B-girls, a business owner, DJ and now ASICSTIGER brand ambassador. She’s always danced to the beat of her own tune and two-stepped the road less travelled. We sat down and got to know Courtnae’ outside of what you think you already know. Her unique take on things is guaranteed to put your in a head spin, the way only Courtnae’s sharp wit could.
Take five minutes to two-step with Courtnae’ and see if you can keep up. Having spent some time with her, it’s easy to see why this young mogul is so adept at turning her passion into pay cheques as one of South Africa’s brightest rising stars. Tigers, meet Ms. Paul.
1. WHAT WOULD YOUR AUTOBIOGRAPHY BE CALLED AND WHY?
“Winging it, on purpose.” I think it sums up my life and the way I maneuver through it pretty accurately. For me, life is about taking calculated risks and letting your intuition guide you. Quite a scary thing actually.
2. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THIS JOB TO A CHILD?
It’s like going to bed and dreaming about going to your favourite playground. Then waking up and being paid to play in it.
3. DESCRIBE YOUR LIFE USING THREE FILM TITLES.
Can I use 3 songs?
- Lauryn Hill - Everything is everything
- Eve - Who’s that girl
- Boom Shaka - It's about time
4. IF YOU WERE THE CEO OF A COMPANY NAME ONE THING YOU WOULD MAKE COMPULSORY IN THE OFFICE AND ONE THING YOU WOULD BAN IN THE OFFICE.
I would make swearing and exercising compulsory - they go hand in hand and both add great value to your physical and mental state. I would ban toxic masculinity
5. WHAT WOULD YOUR PET SAY ABOUT YOU IF WE ASKED FOR A REFERENCE?
Not much because he doesn’t talk to strangers
6. YOU’RE A NEW ADDITION TO THE CRAYON BOX. WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE AND WHY?
In one day, I’d be most colours of the spectrum. I find joy in being able to continuously adapt, relate and meet people in their own space
7. WHAT WAS THE LAST GIFT YOU GAVE SOMEONE?
Sneakers lol go figure! ASICS-TIGER GEL SAGA Valentine to be precise, check them out here.
8. WHAT’S THE LAST THING YOU WATCHED ON TV AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TO WATCH IT?
The adventures of Chuck and friends. I’ve been on the road for almost a week and couldn’t find the energy to get the hotel tv remote... Not one of my proudest moments.
9. IF YOU COULD ONLY CHOOSE ONE SONG TO PLAY EVERY TIME YOU WALKED INTO A ROOM FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Sista Bettina. Don’t ask - the real ones will know what’s up. If all protocol reserved, this would also be my funeral song.
10. IF YOU WERE TO TRADE PLACES WITH SOMEONE ELSE FOR ONE MONTH – LIVING OR DEAD, FAMOUS OR NOT, FICTIONAL OR REAL – WHOM WOULD YOU LIKE THAT PERSON TO BE?
I wouldn’t trade, but I’d love to spend some time in heaven with my dad. We have an unfinished soccer match to attend
11. LAST QUESTION, AND BECAUSE IT'S VALENTINES DAY... WHAT IS LOVE?
The concept of Love defies logic. Like the law of attraction, it is what you make of it. What you put in, you will most definitely get out. In other words, Loving is Living.
Think you could be besties with CP? Click here and let her dance right into your life.