With your marathon approaching, you’ll have lots of preparation to do, and that includes the practicalities of what gear to bring to the race.
We created a simple checklist to help you avoid any last-minute disasters and make sure you appear at the starting line confident and prepared. You can find a PDF of the race day checklist to download here.
- Bib number
- Race entry information (location, bib number pick-up, etc.)
- Identification (passport or driving licence)
- Money (bring bills or EFTPOS, not change)
- Any prescription medication
Marathon Running Gear
- Running shoes (your best pair for long distances)
- Shorts or running tights
- Running top or sports bra
- Safety pins (to pin on your bib)
- Gels or food for during the race
Extras (depending on the weather):
Before and After the Race
- Raincoat, poncho, or bin bag for staying dry before the start
- Old throw-away clothes to stay warm at the start and leave behind
Top and bottom layers for staying warm after the race
- Drinks and food for post-race recovery
- Small bag for all your gear
- Music and headphones
- Vaseline or other anti-chafing products
Keep the checklist with you – download the race day checklist (PDF) and check out our collection of running gear to complete your list!
Visit our article on How to Dress for Your Marathon for more information on the best running gear for race day.