In our core range, there are four different categories of ASICS running shoes: cushioning, stability, trail/off-road and speed. The right running shoe for you can be determined by how you run, where you run and the type of running that you do.
- Cushioning ( neutral running shoes )
Read our guide to pronation to find out what pronation type you are and why it matters.
- Stability ( stability running shoes )
We also have running shoes that provide even more stability. They are designed for severe overpronators with very poor natural support. They are our most supportive and stable running shoes and are built on a straight last for maximum ground contact stability like our GEL-KAYANO ™ or GT-2000 ™ range.
- Trail/Off-Road (trail running shoes)
- Speed/Racing ( fast running shoes )
If your goal is to run faster, either for your training, interval runs or when competing in a race, then the ASICS range of fast running shoes is the collection for you. These high performance running shoes are lightweight and durable while still providing enough cushioning and support to keep you comfortable and stable throughout your run.
Powerful toe springs provide extra forward propulsion and a quicker roll through the gait. Combine that with energetic foam that delivers more energy return and a breathable upper mesh and you’ll be able to set the pace.
Which ASICS technologies should you look for?
Our running shoes within these four categories feature different ASICS technologies. These technologies will benefit you in many ways, for example, by making you more comfortable and improving your running efficiency.
These are some of the ASICS technologies that feature in our running shoes along with the unique benefits they provide:
DYNAMIC DUOMAX™ - DUOMAX™reduces stress on the foot caused by overpronation and provides extra support for a more comfortable run. This evolution of DUOMAX™ system enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform comfort.
FLYTEFOAM™ - FLYTEFOAM™ technology is at the heart of the ASICS cushioning foams. We use different versions of FLYTEFOAM™ to provide specific benefits. That includes:
- FLYTEFOAM™ - Our standard high performance foam delivers more bounce and is 55% lighter than the industry average.
- FLYTEFOAM PROPEL™ - Our best cushioning and most durable foam combines a lightweight foam and high energy return for increased bounce and an unrivalled spring off your toes.
- FLYTEFOAM BLAST™ - This even more lightweight foam offers a bouncy, soft and energetic ride and has an unbeatable softness to durability ratio.
- FLYTEFOAM BLAST TURBO™ - The lightest and most energetic foam we have ever created. It will help you break your PB and delivers the maximum energy return.
AHAR™ - ASICS High Abrasion resistant rubber can better withstand abrasion while running to improve the durability of your shoes and provide excellent grip.
LITETRUSS™- this support system offers medial support without use of a traditional medial post.
GEL™ Technology - Shock attenuating material placed in the midsole of the shoe for excellent cushioning and shock absorption.
GUIDANCE TRUSSTIC SYSTEM™ - This TRUSSTIC SYSTEM™ technology integrates guidance line® construction for enhanced running efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity.
GUIDESOLE™ Technology - The curved sole design of our GUIDESOLE™ technology reduces ankle flexion and provides a shock-absorbent landing zone to reduce loads on the foot.
ASICSGRIP™ Outsole - ASICS proprietary outsole rubber provides high grip on various terrain, without compromising durability.
ASICS running shoes for men and women also feature some gender-specific technologies. That includes:
- 3D SPACE CONSTRUCTION™ - This technology helps runners to engage better with the foam while providing a softer feel underfoot. It helps female runners appropriately engage the midsole and male runners to compress a specific area that leads to better compression of the material at footstrike.
- SPACE TRUSSTIC SYSTEM™ - We have created a gender-specific SPACE TRUSSTIC SYSTEM™ that provides the female foot with the right level of support and flexibility as it moves through the gait cycle.
- Gender-Specific Forefoot Cushioning - It gives female runners greater impact absorption and more bounce to make our running shoes more comfortable for women to run in.
If you need a little more guidance, then take a look at some of our helpful guides: