Senior Financial Control Executive – Region North-East (m/w/gn)APPLY NOW
Senior Financial Control Executive – Region North-East
This is a chance to make your mark and join a truly purpose-driven brand that makes the very best running gear to help people achieve a sound mind in a sound body.
We’ve always believed in the positive benefits of movement on the body, and the mind. It’s why we’re called ASICS which stands for ‘Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’, or a Sound Mind in a Sound Body. And from this founding purpose we are supporting people to experience the transformative power of movement on body and mind.
ASICS Europe B.V. is the European headquarters and located in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands and holds multiple subsidiaries as national distributors of ASICS products in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) area. Within ASICS Europe, the Region North-East covers all ASICS business (Wholesale and Retail) in Northern Eastern Europe (Germany, Austria, Poland mostly).
Who are we looking for?
Are you a Financial who enjoys a structured way of working and has the ability to analyze (complex) administrative matters? Are you not just skilled in number crunching but able to link numbers to operational processes and looking to continue your career in a goal focused environment? ASICS just might be the place for you!
We are looking for a stress-resilient team player, who supports and assists the accounting, the financial control activities, the data assurance and compliance for the Region North-East
As we’re looking for the right fit in the team, so next to the option to partially work from home we’re flexible in the primary location for this role. Either you live in The Netherlands, and you work from our headquarters in Hoofddorp as the primary location. Or you live in Germany, and you will mainly work from our office in Neuss.
What do we expect from you?
To thrive in your role, we believe that you have a pro-active mindset and enjoy flexibility as well as being a rea handson team player. In this position, you will take a supporting and assisting role in the (financial) accounting and reporting process of periodic actual figures, with a strong focus on timely, accurate and complete reporting, and on embedding internal controls for effective and qualitative financial reporting. Due to the importance of the job, we are seeking a high calibre candidate who is working closely together with the other members in the Finance team (e.g. Accounts Payable, Tax, Credit Control, Business Control) to improve our way of working continuously.
Reporting, analysing, but also communication skills are key in these processes. This role also supports the J-SOX process owners in the reporting cycle. Next to this, the Senior Financial Control Executive is pro-actively supporting the year-end audit for group and for local statutory purposes and performs other statutory financial control compliance tasks.
Role and responsibilities
As the Senior Financial Control Executive, your main responsibilities consist of:
Accounting, reporting and audit
- Controls timely reporting, accuracy and completeness (data accuracy and validation).
- Prepares the reconciliation on the financial accounts (balance and P&L) for the month-end closing, to have a smooth month-, quarter- and year-end closing process. Including among others; fixed assets, leasing, suspense accounts, accruals and provisions, prepaid expenses, salaries, cash pool reconciliation, etc.
- Assist in the external audit process and the yearly statutory annual account in the region and ensures timely delivery of audit requests.
- Building a strong professional business relationship with other departments (Business Control, A/P team, A/R team, etc.).
- Supports the European central Tax, VAT and Treasury teams for local reporting requirements.
Compliance and control
- Proactively control the Profit & Loss and the Balance Sheet in order to be complete and accurate and understand actual reporting.
- Pro-actively supports the Teamleader in seeking for process improvements within the financial control environment by streamlining the accounting functions and operations, and implementing the correct accounting treatment in order to improve the quality of the accounting process
- Contributes to optimize and monitor the internal controls in the organization.
- Supports J-Sox internal controls are correctly and accurately executed.
Knowledge and experience
To be successful in this role we expect you have minimum 4 years of relevant working experience in an administrative and/or auditing environment with sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals. If you have experience in an international Retail and/or FMCG company this is a plus. Other experience and knowledge we find important is:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher professional education) in the field of Accountancy or Business Economics (certified accountant). ACA or ACCA, Associate Charted Accountant, Completed Accountancy degree
- Solid knowledge of accounting functions and business processes.
- Strong numeracy skills with a high level of accuracy.
- Advanced Excel skills (advanced skills in other Microsoft 365 packages is a plus).
- User experience of financial software packages (SAP knowledge is a plus).
- Good command in English, written and spoken, is a must.
What ASICS offer you
Beside that ASICS offers you participation in our EMEA bonus scheme, discount on our products, a competitive salary and an attractive social benefits package– you get the opportunity working for a growing international sports company in a fast-paced environment where you have the possibility to give your personal input and develop yourself.
Our people describe working at ASICS as passionate, focused on continuous improvement, performance, global, teamwork and quality. So what are you waiting for?
Please apply online by sending your CV and motivation letter via our career page.